A bad scirocco day

Incase no one knows it I'm trying to sell my 16v.  Today, prior ro
the horrible snow storn, I had two people that sounded very serious
about buying the car call and tell me they were coming to see it..  So
just before 11:00 Am I went out to start it and get it warmed up so
they could test drive it.
I haven't driven the car daily for about seven months so the battery
is a bit dead.  Normally after a little cranking the car starts.  BUT
today it refused to start.  So I brought over my mk1 to jump start
it.  It would turn over plenty but still it wouldn't start.  Not
wanting to destroy the battery in the mk1 I single handed pushed the
16v about forty feet closer to my garage so I could hookup a charger
to the battery.
Well, I hooked up the charger and still no spark.  It would turn
over and over but it simply would not start.
SO I decided to push the 16v up a hill with my mk1 and attempt to
start the car by poping the clutch.
Again single handed I put the cars bumper tp bumper and started
pushing.  Every five feet or so I had would stop to make sure neither
car was being damaged.
But just before the crest of the hill my 16v's bumper popped over the
mk1's bumper.  Not even wanting to see the damage I pulled the mk1
back down the hill and parked it.  Ran back up the hill and jumped in
my 16v.  Coasted down the hill and STALLED.
At this point I was very pissed but I figure things couldn't get much
worse so I walked over to assess the mk1's damage.
Two smashed headlights and one cracked grill is the final assessment.
As things stand right now I have 1 16v that won't start and 1 mk1
that can't see in the dark.  Not to mention the 6 inches of snow over
the both of them.

Anyway does anyone know how to tell the difference between the
european headlights vs the domestic?  I think the previous owner
might have put the european in.  Thats what I want to replace them
with.

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v