Bought ANOTHER Scirocco!

Yep!  I did it.  I bought another Scirocco (exactly one month after buying
my '81 Scirocco).  Here's what I got:

Car: '81 Scirocco S
Color: Metallic Graphite (What's the VW color called?)
Mods: None

This car is in near MINT condition.  It's been owned by an older couple
since '83, so I know it hasn't been thrashed on.  The compression test they
had done passed with flying colors.  Other than a few door dings here and
there, the body and paint is in near perfect condition as well.  Hella H4
headlights, Hella hi-beams, and Hella foglights, new master cylinder, AC
fixed last year, no sunroof, new carpeting, and 205/60-13's on stock alloys,
114k miles.  With all this for $1500, I just couldn't pass up this deal!

Here's what I want to do.  I want to take the Neuspeed Throttlebody off my
first Scirocco, and put it on the S.  The first Scirocco has a JH engine in
it, and runs perfectly.  I did notice that the Neuspeed throttlebody did not
have the tapered adapter in between IT, and the mixture chamber.  Does this
adapter really make that much of a difference, or should I either buy
another adapter or port the mixture chamber on my new S?  Any ideas on how I
can get the stuck paper gasket off of the throttlebody?  I don't want to
scar the surface....

The Scirocco S (with stock 1.7l 8v engine) has a problem idling.  It starts
cold, and hangs out at 900rpm.  As it warms, it climbs to about 1500rpm, and
will rev up and down 200rpm by itself. Why is this doing that?  Also, I had
parked the car in the parking lot, and ran into my local VW dealer to buy
some gaskets.  After about 6 minutes, I came out, and restarted the car.  It
immediately died.  After 4 tries of this, I was finally able to put my foot
in it, keep it rev'd to 2000rpm for a minute, then let my foot off the
throttle. It didn't die this time.  What would cause this?  Vaporlock?

How hard would it be to pull the JH out of my old Scirocco (which has no
AC), and swap it for the 1.7l in the new Scirocco (that has AC)?  I would
love to do that engine swap, but if it's too difficult, I'll just keep the
1.7l for a while, then purchase a used G60 engine and parts, and do that
swap instead.

How do the Neuspeed lowering springs look on the Scirocco I?  I'm going to
purchase a set, and am debating on whether I should get these (1.5"
lowering), or the Intrax 2" lowering springs.  Opinions?

Thanks for reading through all my rambling, and I know my posts tend to be
on the lengthy side, but I appreciate all the help you guys/gals have
provided so far!

 *  Donovan Porter - dporter@hevanet.com - 81 VW Scirocco, performance
springs, *
* exhaust, 1.8l 8v engine, sport buckets, FOR SALE! $1500 - 81 Rabbit Pickup
FOR *
 * SALE! $1200 - 96 Toyota RAV4, 4wd, power everyting - 81 VW Scirocco S,
stock *