Re: Amp gauge

Miles Lott wrote:

> The ammeter wiring must be inserted into the current path you
> wish to measure.  This should probably be the accessory or keyon
> circuit, which I believe is #15 (?).

	Ok, is it alright to measure the current just by having the amp meter
inline with lets say the radio or another gauge?  Or would I have to
splice the wire coming out of the alternator?
	This brings out another interesting point, there are three wires coming
out of the alternator two heavy gauge red ones (which connect to the
battery) and a blue one (which goes to the fuse panel).  A mechanic
friend of mine said that I should connect the gauge between the two red
alternator wires. This would give the most accurate read out of the
charging potential of the alternator.  The question is where would be
the best location to connect the amp gauge?

> The wiring should be as heavy a
> guage as those in the main line feeding that circuit from the ignition
> switch.  any less will cause excess heat in the line feeding the meter,
> among other potential problems.  I personally feel that installation of
> such an item is not to be taken lightly.  The entire electrical system of
> your car depends upon it.

	I usually make sure all my connections are soilid, it's just a habit.
:)
Does anyone on the list have an amp gauge connected to their 'rocco?  I
would really appretiate if someone could check and see where it
connects.

	Andy