Re: shifter/tranny match

In a message dated 97-03-26 11:40:56 EST, clfitz@cwv.net writes:

<<
 Hello, all!

 Here's hoping someone can answer this one for me...

 I have a 1977 Scirocco with 1.6L and four-speed tranny.  I also have a
 five-speed tranny that I've been assured will work.  So the
 question is, do I need a new shifter to use the five-speed?  Are there any
 modifications that I need to do to the shifter or linkage?

 Thanks, everyone, in advance!

 Carlee
 -- >>

The shifter is the same however the some of the linkage is differant. I
suggest ordering a complete short shift kit with bushings and linkage for a
5spd, because the linkage rods and relay lever are differant from the 4 to 5.

Steve Toughill
MAINElyVW1@aol.com
Mainely Metric
84 Scirocco GTX