AWD's and Synchro's...

Ok, lil' technical question here...

I want to put an AWD system on my car sometime down the road.  The AWD
systems going around now on the Tec Corrado's and the Passat G60's in Canada
and such are ONLY compatible w/ A2's and A3's.  Doooohhhhhhhhhh!  But wasn't
there a Quantum Turbo Synchro or something?  Was that an AWD system?  Since
the Quantum is an A1 (?) would that system be compatible w/ my Scirocco II?

Or hows abouts an Audi system?

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

Virginia Polytechnic Institute