Fuba antenna questio

This is directed to the 8V guys who have switched to a roof-mounted
antenna. I am planning to get that Fuba thingie and I have some questions:

* even though the Fuba has the amplifier, some people say that it is
actually less effective in reception than normal, long antennas, simply
because of its tiny length. True? No?

* how tough was it to get by the headliner? It looks like it is very easy
to get underneath the headliner close to the door: you just slide the
black thingie out of the car frame and the edge of the headliner is
exposed. The tricky part seems to be close to the hole on the roof: the
headliner there is snug underneath the rear-windshield rubber and doesn't
look that trivial to get out and in again. How have you guys routed the
antenna wire from the side of the car to the hole on the roof?

* does the Fuba kit come with absolutely all necessary items? Who sells
them for cheap?

* where do I get the cap to cover my driver side fender hole? Dealer?

Thanks a bunch,

Ilias