Re: AWD's and Synchro's...

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Chris Taylor wrote:

> Ok, lil' technical question here...
>
> I want to put an AWD system on my car sometime down the road.  The AWD
> systems going around now on the Tec Corrado's and the Passat G60's in Canada
> and such are ONLY compatible w/ A2's and A3's.  Doooohhhhhhhhhh!  But wasn't
> there a Quantum Turbo Synchro or something?  Was that an AWD system?  Since
> the Quantum is an A1 (?) would that system be compatible w/ my Scirocco II?
>
> Or hows abouts an Audi system?
>
> hmmm..........
>
> Chris Taylor
> '87 Scirocco G60-to-be

Chris, the Quantum Syncro was a Audi 4000 Quattro drivetrain (5 cyl) stuck
into the Quantum Wagon Body.....as for compatability...???? I had thought
about trying to find a toasted Audi Coupe Turbo Quattro...may be the stuff
would work out of that???(One prob though...the engine is an inline(same
with the Quantum) so the tranny wouldn't work.....hmmmmmmmm....anybody
else???

Eric
aka I\Iight Shado\/\/