Re: Power Modules (ANYONE want to buy one?)

Chris Taylor wrote:

> The 'only' power module, sold (not designed, mind you.  another thing they
> stole) by Autotech.  It is a lil' box, that connects to your full throttle
> switch, your coil, your fuel distributor, and a ground.  It senses when
> you're in high revs and have Wide Open Throttle and tells the fuel dist. to
> send a lil' extra fuel.

Who'd they steel it from?  I'm interested?  I think mine helped a tiny
bit.  Up around 6000 rpm I felt a bit of a kick that wasn't there.  I
have to disagree about the TT exhaust.  I think it FELT better as in the
sound but it wasn't any faster.

> Other systems have injection AND ignition in the same box, making them
> 'chippable', but our cars are not the case.  This is the best they can do
> for us.  Sigh....

Actually Superchips just came out with a new ignition system chip for
KE-Jetronic cars called the Icon Race system.  It is basically the same
as the Power Module but for ignition timing.  It needs to be installed
at a dealer with a dyno in order to program it properly but it added
about 8hp to a Golf 1.8L 16v in the new Performance VW.  With That as
well as the Power Module you could call your car "chipped" =)  It's a
bit pricey.  I for one am just going to put in European FI.  Does anyone
want to buy mine?  It's useless with the Euro FI.  It's only been used
for 4 months.  I'll let you have it for $100 plus shipping.  Let me
know,

Josh Clark