Re: fenders, and...

In a message dated 97-03-14 11:09:20 EST, chtaylo4@vt.edu (Chris Taylor)
writes:

<< A Techtonics 2.25'' cat back exhaust was the first thing I did to my 16v
 scirocco last year at 50k miles.  I noticed a *huge* difference.  It is
 mandrel bent and comes w/ the super turbo muffler.  Very nice.  Sounds
 excellent.  Since then, I've put various lil' add-ons such as the power
 module and K&N.  There may have been increases, but I could not tell.  TT
 claims @7hp for the exhaust I bought and I'd have to say I felt every single
 pony, if not a half-dozen extra.  It costed $180 + $20 shipping.  I
 installed it myself.

 Chris Taylor
 '87 Scirocco G60-to-be >>

I'd say that sounds pretty good. It also sounds like they put together a
quality system, as opposed to much of the aftermarket junk on the market from
some companies. It does sound, though, like the exact same components could
be purchased at many local performance exhaust shops. I guess in this case it
boils down to which is more convenient for a buyer in his given situation.
Techtonics does appear to have their s**t together, though.

Todd
---------------------
>Don't waste your money on an expensive aftermarket, tuner-built system.

Well here I come!

A Techtonics 2.25'' cat back exhaust was the first thing I did to my 16v
scirocco last year at 50k miles.  I noticed a *huge* difference.  It is
mandrel bent and comes w/ the super turbo muffler.  Very nice.  Sounds
excellent.  Since then, I've put various lil' add-ons such as the power
module and K&N.  There may have been increases, but I could not tell.  TT
claims @7hp for the exhaust I bought and I'd have to say I felt every single
pony, if not a half-dozen extra.  It costed $180 + $20 shipping.  I
installed it myself.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

Virginia Polytechnic Institute