Re: fenders, and...

>At 08:48 AM 3/14/97 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>Ken's f**ing Muffla!!!!
>
>Easy mountain man....LOL...... heres a Cappachino for you man.... and a
>few cafine pills to go with it..
>:-D
>
>OK, I was refering to aftermarket exhaust makers, not local shops that
>are willing to make a mandrel bent system for you. I dont know why, but
>I didnt even think about this. Its a completely awsome option.
>Especially when you know the guy or gal is competent in creating a
>system for you. In reality, its the better way to go since my
>experiences with aftermarket systems is they dont exactly fit
>perfectly. If you were to have one made, they would test fit it, and if
>needed, tweeked on a bit for the perfect fitment. Has this been your
>experience Mr. Mannix?

Ken's RULES.  The guy there (Dan, go figure...) is kinda foggy,
lost......."uhh, you want a muffler?" but they do amazing work.  It is
cool, cheap, and if it were to rattle, they fix it.  I have not seen one
yet, although I did hear of a case where a car was brought in on skinny
tires, the exhaust was made, race tires put on, rub......shrug, I guess
that's the way things happen (not a VW, some goofy american car).  I guess
the key is to find a good shop - we're lucky, Ken's is so good, really
close (Largemont!), and while they are not good with VWs in particular, IE,
they can't really recommend anything, if you go to them and ask for a Dmax
Ultraflow/2.25" pipe, you will get a TT-style exhaust installed for
$160ish.  $170 with a flange so you can take the muffler off and put on a
straightpipe.  No rattles, welded vs clamps, etc.  I love it.  They make
sure it fits right before you leave - mine has not rattled once, although
there is a mark on the muffler where it hits the shock - my Leistritz
(before I wised up) had a DENT.  Crap.  They also make much better hangers
- out of wire, and I have yet to have a hanger break or slide off.  Kens
RULES!!!  gotta go to class......

>>Mannix (dammit, this stuff is not brainsurgery, goshums go ejdikate
>>yousself, figger it our on yer own)
>

>Dude, you crack me up. I can read your posts and know EXACTLY what time
>of the day you wrote it!  LOL!!!LOL!!!!

Yeah, I'm an a-hole in the morning.  Don't quite know why, I'm rational
most of the day, but when I get up, look out!  I often speak my mind as if
I am talking to good friends (I guess I am, but in this medium, you don't
really know what I am kidding about/what I mean....)

Gotta cruise.....Mannix