Re: Power Modules

>I dunno! What's the "power module" you're referring to? I thought it was a
>chip for the computer, but I guess not. I don't really know a whole lot
>about it. I just have seen an ad in EC advertising a chip for the 16v, and
>I've been trying to figure out what exactly the deal is between CIS-E and
>the Jetronics box that's in my car. Is it the same thing? I haven't found
>the Bentley section that talks about the systems, just some CIS-E info
>(haven't looked a lot yet). Am I just getting the "Jetronics" on the box
>confused with something else??
>
>Help the Idiot Boy!  >;->

The 'only' power module, sold (not designed, mind you.  another thing they
stole) by Autotech.  It is a lil' box, that connects to your full throttle
switch, your coil, your fuel distributor, and a ground.  It senses when
you're in high revs and have Wide Open Throttle and tells the fuel dist. to
send a lil' extra fuel.

Other systems have injection AND ignition in the same box, making them
'chippable', but our cars are not the case.  This is the best they can do
for us.  Sigh....

And you're not an idiot, Rich.  I can't stand to see you beat yourself up
like that!!  We LOVE you Rich!  ;-)))))

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

Virginia Polytechnic Institute