Re: Painting calipers

I would suggest that you look into powder coating them......check it
out...its alot better!

At 10:08 PM 6/28/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>deal,  I am gonna paint the calipers on my black 87 16v, I was
>>thinking of red, but I think it might make the car look to "toylike",
>>that and the fact that most black sciroccos have red calipers.
>>Wadaya guys and gals think? maybe I'll make some cool stripe design..
>
>I think the cool stripe design might require a bit more maintenance to keep
>it looking 'cool', especially if your pads generate a lot of dust.  But I
>guess that goes for any color you paint them....
>
>How about powdercoating?  A powdercoated finish is good to about 600
>degrees, and you can't beat the durability.  It'll cost more, but if you
>send your calipers in at the same time as they're doing a job in a color
>you like, it shouldn't be too bad.  BTW I've always really liked bright
>yellow accents on a black car.  Yellow calipers would really stand out!
>Your car would look great with yellow brakes, maybe a couple smallish
>yellow Neuspeed decals in the rear 1/4 windows, and a matching yellow
>somewhere inside, like stitching on the shift boot/knob or floormats.
>Think about it... :)
>
>HTH!
>
>"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
>					-George Clinton
>

>--

Mike Weiler
1981 s light mods
1982 2.0 16v heavy body mods
1984 rocco 8v 16v kit installed 131k (need minor interior parts).
Please e-mail me with any parts you may have extra and pricing.

To err     is   human.  To bleat is   ovine.  To bark   is canine.

To forgive is  divine.  To oink  is porcine.  To purr   is feline.

To moo     is  bovine.  To howl  is  lupine.  This list is assinine.

In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the
proper order then why can't he?
          _______