Re: Painting calipers

At 09:19 PM 6/28/97 -0700, chef Brad rambles:

>  The best high temp paint I've seen said that it needed to be baked in
>around 650 degrees F. Fortunately I have an oven at work that hits this temp
>easily. I painted my header on my bike black, and haven't had any problems
>with the paint at all, its about 4 mos. old. The paint didn't seem to stick
>well until it was baked, I accidentally rubbed a little bit off before I
>baked it. But once I cooked it, it hasn't had any problems since. It seems
>much more durable than the low temp stuff.
>
>Later,
>Brad

Well sure if you have access to that sort of thing, why not use it? I would.
But for a decent result, using an engine paint will last a little longer than
most spraypaint. I havent had any paint chip or flake off my calipers so it
must be ok.

So, Brad, are you comming to the autox in the morning? Or, are ya <bock-bock>
Chicken?? I gots me a can of whup-ass with your name in big letters on it!  :-P

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and