Re: COPS!

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, David Nichols wrote:

> Is anyone on the list a police officer? If you are please stop reading unless
> you intend on helping me! Are all cops as mean and rude as they are in San Diego? I am young and have been pulled over for some of the lamest reasons
> imagineable! The officer in question this afternoon was the worst one yet. He
> impounded my car, Gave me a non-dismissible violation(that he had to go out of
> his way to do) and he was a complete jerk the whole time. How come you give a
> guy a badge and a gun and the turn into an all-powerful hero(to themselves) I
> know that some are cool but the ones in San Diego are horrible. I think they
> might have some "issues" with themselves or something.

BTW, not all cops are jerks (or whatever word you want to call them), but
some do get a serious attitude once they get their badge.  My brother and
his wife are both officers, so I've heard both sides of the story many
times.  I've heard them talk about egotistical officers and seen them act
shocked when I got my ticket for window tint and speeding when I was going
with traffic.  My brother has also told stories I shouldn't repeat, but
let's say the light to light drag with another cop car was fun!   He
chased a Porsche down once that was going well over 100 mph on wet roads,
and DIDN'T ticket the guy!   Then there's the kid with his stock stereo
that had it cranked up and when told to turn it down, the kid said "it's
stock, you can't ticket me..." Guess who got a ticket???

Of course then there's the officer that gave me my ticket for window tint.
She only got bitchy when she found out we went to the same college and I
didn't have a college sticker on my car.... A $1 sticker would have gotten
me outta that damn ticket too... (btw, that was the Scirocco related
part;)

Drive safe!

Greg :)

Greg Davis
1985 Scirocco
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco
Member Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm  (New pages now online!)