Re: COPS!

David Nichols wrote:

> I hope that subject got your attention! I just had my "other" car impounded
> today because it wont pass smog. How fair and "JUST" is it to charge CA car
> owners BILLIONS of dollars so that we can improve our environment. We live next
> to a country that has no such regulations and is probably alot of the problem onboth sides of our borders. I don't understand some of the bull we have to go through to opperate our vehicles. I don't think that New York has smog certs or
> Oregon for that matter. I hate having to dump alot of money into smogging my car
> every other year. I can barely afford to keep it on the road.My "other" car is
> not a VW so please don't get on me about affordability of parts and fixing it.
> It is a FORD TEMPO piece of junk.
>
> Is anyone on the list a police officer? If you are please stop reading unless
> you intend on helping me! Are all cops as mean and rude as they are in San Diego? I am young and have been pulled over for some of the lamest reasons
> imagineable! The officer in question this afternoon was the worst one yet. He
> impounded my car, Gave me a non-dismissible violation(that he had to go out of
> his way to do) and he was a complete jerk the whole time. How come you give a
> guy a badge and a gun and the turn into an all-powerful hero(to themselves) I
> know that some are cool but the ones in San Diego are horrible. I think they
> might have some "issues" with themselves or something.
>
> I just needed to vent!

	WHOA!  Before we go any further folks, I move that we all just drop
this one now!  I could go on for hours about my own thoughts on both of
nations' law enforcement officers, but this is the _Scirocco List_.
Dave, I totally undertstand your need to vent, and I don't mind if
everyone vents, but let's make sure that any further opinions on this
subject are sent directly to Mr. Nichols.

	:)

jason
87 16V(self-imposed mediator extrodinaire, retired)