I hate VW Rear-Disc brakes!!!

     Why, why, why, do my rear calipers always seize?  I am fanatical about
     maintaining my cars which means everything works brakes/e-brake.  But
     I cannot seem to go more than 1yr on rear VW calipers!

     My Scirocco 16v has done it and now my GLi has done it.  I
     disconnected the e-brake cable HOPING it was a bound up cable, but as
     fate would have it its the caliper.  It is no longer in a seized state
     since disabling the e-brake, but if I manually crank the e-brake
     mechanism by hand BOOM locked.  I than give the e-brake
     piston/spring/mechanizm a couple of taps with a hammer and stomp the
     brake pedal a couple times at it comes free.

     If I am not mistaken though the self ajusting nature of the rear
     brakes is controlled by the e-brakes.  So by disableing the e-brake it
     is probably safe to assume within a few months I will only be using
     the front brakes to stop the car.

     Any suggestions
     -Paul

     87 Scirocco 16v
     87 Jetta GLi
     90 90 Quattro 20v (Even this Audi's rear calipers died on me this past
     year)