Re: Speakers

  For the install you're thinking of, you'll need
>fiberglass the rear part of the enclosure to match the contour of the
>trunk
>side, then mate that to a front baffle made of at least 3/4" MDF.
>Make
>sure you get MDF, and not particle board!

what is this MDF? where do you get it? is it big bucks?

You generally want to avoid
>square boxes, but in your case this won't be a problem.

Why do you avoid them? rectangular seem the most popular.  Should I use a
strange kinda angled truncated rectangular box or square off this little
box.  More specifically is it better to add volume to what will already
be a tiny box or to keep some kinda of basic shape?
any effect on sound for different shapes?  what about volume?

 Subs that
>face
>into or out of the box depend more on aesthetics than anything
>else...both
>will sound identical.

thanks

>Another option you could consider is building a false floor in your
>trunk.
>This would require getting rid of your spare,

The spare has to stay like my cargo room, I'm more practical than
anything else.  I love to improve my car but I will not sacrifice too
much.

but you won't lose