Re: Speakers

>A bass tube takes up  cargo space, I will not sacrifice much of mine at
>all, it just isnt worth it to me.  as for the pounding, well thats what I
>dont want.  I just want a little bass to fill in what Im missing.

Then that's two strikes against tubes.  They deliver sound, but it's
generally boomy and distorted unless you keep the volume down.  Even then
they won't deliver in the sub-30hz department at all....

>sorry I really didnt explain placement well, the corrados I have seen
>have a 8" pointing toward the passenger side  rear quarter, magnet
>towards the drivers rear quarter.  the custom shaped box filled in from
>the floor to the bottom of the speaker shelf.

I see what you mean....

>so what do you use for material? is it wood, something special?  What
>about shape, what effect does that have? Do I have to keep it square?
>Why do some subs face into the box or out of it? whats that do.  as for
>sealed and ported and bandpass, I understand that, I want a sealed box
>for nice tight bass.

You're right, you do want a sealed box - they're also smaller than ported
or bandpass systems.  For the install you're thinking of, you'll need to
fiberglass the rear part of the enclosure to match the contour of the trunk
side, then mate that to a front baffle made of at least 3/4" MDF.  Make
sure you get MDF, and not particle board!  You generally want to avoid
square boxes, but in your case this won't be a problem.  Subs that face
into or out of the box depend more on aesthetics than anything else...both
will sound identical.

Another option you could consider is building a false floor in your trunk.
This would require getting rid of your spare, but you won't lose hardly any
effective trunk space, and you'll also have a nice place to put your amps.
Bassically :) you fiberglass the inside of your spare tire well and use
that as an enclosure.

HTH!

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton