Re: Gauges?

At 12:01 PM 2/26/97 -0800, you wrote:

>OK, I just had an idea.  You could line up a few more guages vertically to
>the right of the center console.  It would require scratch-building a
>baffle to hold them, and probably another panel to hid the wiring and
>whatnot, but I bet it could be done quite convincingly with a little
>effort and creativity.
>
>You could probably get 3 more guages this way.  I would angle them
>towards the driver's seat by 20 or 30 degrees.  To match it up with the
>interior you'd have to use black vinyl or a matching-texture plastic,
>neither of which are particularly difficult to work with.  You could
>construct the housing out of 1/8" MDF (if such a thing exists), or .080"
>plastic (available at hobby stores), or I suppose you could do it in steel
>or aluminum.
>
>Whaddaya think?

        Mmmmm...yah.  I was going to do this in my scirocco 1 but the more I
considered it the more I am not sure what to do now.
        I don't want to do it because it will be hitting passengers in the
knee/leg.  If you don't carry others then go ahead and do it.   I am trying
to figure out a "best fit" placement because I don't want to give up my
little cubby hole in the console.  I guess I am a pack rat, but on race day
I really say some choice words to myself as I am cleaning all the crap out....

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja