Re: GOT MY 'ROCCO!

On 26 Feb 97 at 22:52, Donovan Porter wrote:

> - Anything I can do to this tranny so it will last longer? Would
> some Redline tranny fluid help the prolong the syncro problem?  I

It might, I've heard others say that it has helped.  It sure can't
hurt.

> can afford a rebuilt tranny, but don't want to spend money anytime
> soon. - Guy that sold it to me has a rebuilt close-ration GTi tranny
> that he's willing to part with for $400...is this a good deal? - The

$400 isn't too bad for a rebuilt, as long as it is fairly freshly
done.  You need to be sure that it has the circlips on
the diff if it's made between 84 and 86 or you'll be susceptible to
self machining.  Most want $250 and up for used, around 300-350 seems
to be the most usual price for used.  Depending where you
are, you can find places to rebuild for as low as $600 with warranty.
This should give you some idea.  My findings are for the Seattle
area.

> the parking lights (or dash lights) to work by themselves. Grounds
> are good, and had to temporarily put a jumper between the headlights
> so they will operate when I need them.  I WANT THIS WORKING!  What
> should I look for?  Unless I jumper it, I have no parking lights, or
> dash lights.

Sounds like the headlite switch.  VW has seperate circuits for the
park/tail lites, so it's gotta be the only common thing to all 3
(left and right park, dash).  I had same prob, got new switch at
dealer for @ $24.

Hope that helped ......

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg