Re: AC Unit

>Hey all,
>
>As a few of you may know, i have an 80 Scirocco S. I was wondering if it
>is possible to remove the a/c and that damn square steel contraption
>from my engine bay without requiring any major changing around of other
>stuff (alternator, water pump).  I'm thinking this is probably the case
>since the a/c belt also attaches to the water pump.  Anyone?  Anyone?
>Bueller? Bueller?
>
>John
>80 Scirocco S
>--

I think the alternator will need a new bracket for sure, and also the
shorter pulley.  My '81 has a non-working AC unit and I can't believe how
much more difficult it makes working under the hood compared to my non-AC
'81 S.  Without AC, there is only one belt and the alternator bracket is
basically a bar with a slot cut into it.

However, I live in too sunny SoCal so I'd like to get my AC working in the
near future.