Re: AC Unit

> >As a few of you may know, i have an 80 Scirocco S. I was wondering if it
> >is possible to remove the a/c and that damn square steel contraption
> >from my engine bay without requiring any major changing around of other
> >stuff (alternator, water pump).  I'm thinking this is probably the case
> >since the a/c belt also attaches to the water pump.  Anyone?  Anyone?
> >Bueller? Bueller?

I have done this mod and I would encourage you to contact the guys at
Timmons VW Parts Dept. They will set you up and cost will be about $50.
What you need :

	1. Alt. Bracket
	2. New Water Pump Pulley
	3. New Crank Pulley
	4. Alt. Adjustment Bar (top, 1/4" slotted band-iron)
	5. Alt. Top Mnt Bushing Kit

You will also need to remove the pulley from your A/C alternator and do
some grinding (last step) to perfectly align the belt. You gring the
down until everything it "right".

I looked at many "home-brew" kits, but the fit on the factory peices
avoids vibration, mis-alignment and cracking.

Hope this helps.

Harry