Re: AC Unit

At 11:06 AM 2/22/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I have done this mod and I would encourage you to contact the guys at
>Timmons VW Parts Dept. They will set you up and cost will be about $50.
>What you need :

Just a little "Public Service Announcement" for everybody on parts:

Dont use Timons VW for parts. Theres nothing wrong with them (Well,
there is, but I wont go into it) other than you can get factory parts
cheaper form at least 2 other sources.
One that I know of for fact is Mike Potter. He was with Timmons VW but
left about 5 months ago and went to McKenna VW 1-800-959-9961. Hes the
one responsible for most of my tech know how as well as getting alot of
your questions anwsered. (If you got a private response from me on one
of your questions, chances are good it came from Mike!)
Hes working today, lets everybody give him a call, just to say hi! (Oh
gawd, that would be funny!! Then again, hes comming to my house tonight
for a race tomorrow, maybe we wont call Mike...)

The other only good source for parts is Mark @ Adirondack Auto Brokers.
Hes on this list so if you need parts, give one of these 2 a call
first. (or both) (Sorry Mark, I dont have your E@address or PH#.)

Shawn