Re: Heater core

One the matter of a heater core replacement taking the dash apart IS NOT
nessary. if you look very closely from the drivers floor area after removing
the tray from under the colum you can see thge heater hoses. Looking at the
side of the heater box you can see the mold impressions running up and down
the side of the box. If you carefully cut it from top to bottom removing the
plastic you will see the core. Take the hoses off and slide it out. Put the
new one in and put a tin cover over it fastened with some screws.
     I don't think your core problem is a recall but call your local DLR and
have them check outstanding recalls by your VIN.
      Hope i've been helpful.
If you needs some picts to help I can mail them to you just reply with your
address to my e-mail (home postal address that is)

Steve
Mainely Metric
MAINElyVW1@aol.com