Re: knock sensor

I have an 84 Scirocco with a 9.5 to 1 compression power plant in it. The
knock sensor is a must with over 9 to 1 compreesion because of the pre det.,
unless you plan to retard your timing 10 degrees. The install of the KS out
of a Golf GTI is not a hard job. Swap distributors, mount the control unit (
I've found by the wiper motor to be the best spot), mount the hnock sensor to
the block in the water pump area mount the throttle switches to the throttle
body or even swap throttle bodies ( some cable mods my need to be done).
Mount the Ignition module in place of the old one. The coils are the same but
a mallory 40,000 volt works well. Now for the tricky part: You have to strip
the igniton wiring harness out of the car, and then plug it into your mounted
componants. And for the extra wires that are not din pluged well this is what
they are: The yellow wire from the Module (TERM 4) , the yellow wire from the
KSCunit (T5 ), and the yellow wire from the throttle swithes (T2) all go to a
10 amp fuse off of term. 15 ign. The brown wire from the ign. mod. (T2) goes
to a good clean ground. The green wire from the ign. mod. (T1) goes the the
negative (T1) of the coil. The grey and blk wire from the KSCunit (T2) is NOT
used and nether is the wire from the KSCunit (( T10) sorry i don't remember
the color)

          Now if you got lost because I think I even lost my self in all that
I could send you a diagram of this with some picts. Just return reply with an
address to my e-mail and I'll be glad to send it.

           Please excuse my spelling it's not my strong piont VOLKSWAGENS
are!!!

Steven Toughill
Mainely Metric
MAINElyVW1@aol.com