Another tranny-leak question

I got a used 4k tranny to replace the 9A on my 85. As we were changing
the differential seals on it, we had to tip it a certain way. Then I
noticed that there was an oil leak. The location of the leak was the huge
(it must be high 20s or low 30s mm) allen bolt with the VW emblem on it,
right below the part of the tranny that the clutch cable slides through a
hole in order to meet the lever farther down.

There is no question that there is a leak there. Now I am wondering
whether there is a flange behind that "VW" allen bolt, or if it is simply
the bolt holding the oil in place. Also: the bolt is towards the upper
part of the tranny, so oil would get there only when it is splashed
around by the gears turning, so I wouldn't expect that to give me major
leakage, although I can't help but worry about it.

Anyone out there know about leaks from that part of the tranny?
Solutions? (I am thinking about finding the right size allen and taking
it off to see what is going on.)

Thanks,
	Ilias