Re: AAHH! No brakes!

At 02:47 AM 2/12/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Ummm, Shawn, I believe it is four lines that come from the master cylender.
> Remeber, there are four sets of brakes on the car, and each one recieves
>it's own line off the MC.  Now, did you mean that the MC is a dual circuit
>MS?
>
>Tim :)

Ya, thats it!! 2 circuit thingie!!
 You know, its really wierd that VW ported all 4 wheels from the master
cylinder instead of the prop valve. I havent touched my MC in my car (One of
the few things I havent replaced yet... but its comming...) as far as really
looking at the lines from the MC. It just looked like the prop valve under the
MC would have 4 lines comming off of it and 2 lines from the MC. (Like most
every other car I know uses this system) Im wondering if this system is nothing
more than an overdesigned brake system or if it has a real potential for, say,
giving braking pressure to other wheels when one is damages or leaking?
Kinda makes ya think, dont it?

Shawn