Re: Painting steering wheel etc.

At 08:41 PM 2/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>doesn't powdercoating involve baking of the paint on to the surface that's
>painted?  I hardly think that would be good for the rest of the steering
>wheel.

My memory of the 3 spoke steering wheel is that they are plastic. (?) (is it a
leather wheel?)  I dont have any idea what kind of temps are used for that
proccess. Even those of us with the leather wheels, I dont think the high temp
will hurt the leather that bad. (Well, my wheel isnt a good example since its
the 4 button type) Anybody know what kind of temps are used for
powdercoating??
Ive had temps in the car up to 180deg! (In Las Vegas last summer) It was
before I installed the leather wheel and it damn near burned the crap outta my
hand. Black interiors in the desert dont mix!

>Also, a good way to help the 4X4 look is with monster mudder tires (just
>kidding ;-))
>You could opt for Koni LOW pressure shocks instead of HIGH pressure Bilsteins
>if you're going with the stock setup.  It'll get you about 1/2" down lower.

Really, you may as well get the Neuspeed Sport Lowering springs and a shock
combo. That way the ride quality is somewhat retained. Right now theres a
bunch of spring shock combo's on the market to where its a really affordable
modification to do. All it takes is money....  right!

Shawn