Re: Painting steering wheel etc.

At 10:25 PM 2/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>About the ride height thing, I'm an E stock autocrosser, so I'm always
>looking for the best legal mods to stay in class.  I will say this:  lowering
>an A1 or A2 more than one and a quarter inches will make your handling go to
>shit!

huh?? Well, for one, you cant lower your car (via lowering springs or cutting
stock springs) and stay in E-stock.
Secondly, I dont know how you conclude that lowering a car, (AKA the center of
gravity) will make a car handle worse? My car sits 2" lower than stock and it
has made my car at least 2 full seconds faster on most any track. Id like to
hear your reasoning for the poorer performance.

>So, whether in racing or in lowering, get all the negative camber you
>can, and forget about the nominal extra tire wear on the inside section of
>the tread!

In racing, you want as much negative camber as you can get and still be able to
adjust the toe. You have to give and take when it comes to that, as Mr. Mannix
described in his well written posting.

Shawn