Re: AAHH! No brakes!

At 12:00 AM 2/10/97 -0500, you wrote:

>'t ain't no thang!  Just remember to bench bleed it before you put it in.  I
>actually didn't bleed mine myself but I installed it.  You need to just put
>brkae fluid in the top and get something to compress it to push out the
>fluid.  This needs to be done a few times I suppose.  Am I right everyone?

Sorta. bench bleeding is the prefered method but you can also perform it on the
car. It might even be easier this way if your tool inventory is limited. Simply
dont hook up the brake likes and bleed the cylinder with the brake pedal. if you
use the wrong item to press on the MC, you could accidentally rip the boot in the
MC. Usually, a #2 Phillips works fine to safely bench bleed the MC.

>All that's involved in putting the new one in is taking the four brake lines
>off and unbolting the cylinder from the vacuum booster.  These bolts are a
>pain in the butt to get at but persistence pays off.  Good luck and you can
>always ask us for help!

Uh, it should only be 2 brake lines from the MC. Thats all that needs to be
removed to get the old unit out and the new one in. If you dont have one, get
yourself a couple of flare nut wrenches (12mm and a 13mm). These are great in
getting the fittings on the brake lines loose without stripping them or damaging
the lines.
Remember, you can always ask us for help!    :)-

Shawn