Re: Updating problems...

Hey

not a good day for your car!!   My winshield gasket leaked on my dearly
departed Rabbit.  Water got into the fuse block and rusted it completely out.
 You also need to check your antenna wire.  Water LOVES to follow it right
into your fuse block.  Pull out all your relays (mark where each one belongs)
and look at the blades, if they are rusted the block is toast.  Also look at
 the wire plug-ins on the back, once again checking for rust.

Last but least you can take apart your fuse block.  We did it to an 81
Rabbbit.  we found a bad (desoldered) connection.

Don't worry about not knowing what you are doing.  write things down and draw
pictures  get a good repair book   Haynes or Bently  skip Chiltons.  Every
time you do something you 'll know how to do it the next time.

Good luck

Dave
85 Scirocco
93 Eurovan