Re: Kevins kwazy stewing wheels/ seats!

At 11:41 AM 2/10/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Great idea, but mine were already at the limit of their travel. :-(  I

Bummer! I thought you might be able to get a little out of that idea.

>think the seat (when I get it in) will solve most of my problems with
that
>area (since Iain assures me that buttock removal/reshaping is not only
>expensive, but illegal for DSP...).

I would think that more than anything, it would be mighty painfull!
Yikes!!! You could always do the more legalized liposuction technique.
Im sure its legal! Flat out hacking any Buttox material is definately
eligal in DSP!

On more seroius notes, im wondering if anybody had modified the seat
frames? I've got a set of 91 G60 GTi Recaros in my Scirocco that, even
in the lowest setting, are just too high. My helmet is in constant
contact with the headliner and it's BUGGIN' me! I usually slouch in the
car and when im wearing my (rollin' mit der homies mode) VW hat, I dont
have any clearance problems. Its when im all sinched in there with the
Schroth belts that I notice the headroom problem. My stock seats had no
problem in this dept. I know I cant swap the bottom frames, so thats
out. I paid too much money for these seats (Besides the fact its the
most comfortable seat ive ever sat/drove in) to get rid of them (sorry
Tim, I know you'd love to have them) anybody modified them to sit
lower?

Shawn