Anybody done a stroker 2.2? (somwehat long)

Just got back from a very enlightening visit to Shine Racing and with some
options I have to decide on (for anyone who has not dealt with these guys
yet I highly recommend them...they really know their stuff and really took
the time to explain some of the pro's/con's...luckily they are local for me)

Some background first, I decided this past week to sink some relatively
serious cash into my '83 Scirocco instead of buying a new car. I have a
decent budget to play with as I was going to buy a new car and already had
convinced the wife on a price range :-)
My intended goal when I set out was to get into the 180-200HP range but with
a 8v. This would still be somewhat a daily driver (at least until I get the
944 project car in a drivable state)

I intend to stay with the 8v as I really want low to mid performance vs.
just at the upper end of the RPM scale. Their 2.0l 8v "tall block"
w/hydraulic head is a definite but I am really leaning towards building a
"stroker" which would net me a 2.2l. They claim 150HP for the 2.0l...I
figure I should see at least 160HP out of the 2.2l. Anyone seen/have
opinions on the 2.2l "stroker"?
I would also get the variable cam sprocket (kinda like a cheap VTEC although
it mechanical)...don't know the maker but sounds decent and they
liked it. They also brought up NOS, which would add 40HP...anyone have NOS
and opinions? (My first thought on NOS has always been .... cool! but not in
my car)

I will also have them doing exhaust. They are thinking techtonics downpipe
with std. manifold but it depends if the brospeed header can clear then I'll
go with it (they are REALLY nice units..HPC coated and all). Anyone have the
brospeed?
Any recommendations on mufflers (or not?)? I don't mind it being load in
fact you moght say I like it that way. I like that raspy,"euro", sound :-)

As for suspension I'm looking at doing 200lbs springs up front and 120lbs in
the rear with Bilstein HD all around. How are the BOGE?

I also getting their bushing kit (way cool!) and upgrading the brakes to the
larger set and converting the rears to disk at the same time. Anybody done
this conversion themselves? I am correct to assume some dramatic
improvements in the braking or only a little?

Thanks a bunch and will keep you all posted on progress as I will probably
start the whole process within a week or so!

-johnny-