Re: [Need Your Efficiency]

>I'd like to see what a good cross section is of fuel efficiency of people
>on the list for their rocco's...

I'd also like to know what everyone else gets, so please post to the list,
too!

I've averaged almost exactly 30mpg over the last 10,000 miles.  My lowest
ever was 25.3, which was all city (and I was being really bad), and the
best ever was 37.4, all highway down in Florida. I expect about 27 city and
32 highway.  The EPA estimates were 20/28.  What do they know?

I have noticed an appreciable drop lately; I don't know if it's because I
switched to synthetic, or it's because of the cold weather, or the new
tires I got.  I have a feeling it's a combination of the three, since they
all happened at the same time.

	OOohh, and speaking of oil.  A friend of mine did my last oil change,
while I was going the brakes.  I checked the oil before I left last week,
and I was like 3/4 of a quart over.  Besides from beating the shit out of
my friend, what should I do?  I've already gone 2500 miles on the oil...
and I'm going to change it in another 1000 or so, but should I drain some
out? (Talk about a messy job!)
Now that I think about it, that's probably why my mileage has dropped.. Hmmm..
	How for do you all go on your oil?  (I was doing 3500 on conventional...
should I do longer on synthetic? I was told 7000, but I don't know if I can
hold out!  Mind you, the Germans all do theirs every 15,000km (9300mi) on
conventional oil, but I'd never forgive myself.

	By the way, all the fuel economy numbers above refer to my 87 16v... no
major mods, Bridgestone Potenza 185/60-14s, 39,174 miles. And, I drive like
a loon.  Can you imagine the mileage I'd get if I drove normally?!