Re: Windshield repairs?

>> 	This morning on my way to work a big truck carrying gravel pulled up in
>> the lane next to mine.
		<SNIP>

>Tim, I had a repair done once, it was ok....
		<SNIP>

I, too, have been subject to those nasty bastard rocks flying up... and I
had a repair done.  Eric's right... they do a good job, and it's cheap.
Actually, the last repair I had done was on my sister's Nissan.  The chip
was about the size of a dime, and now I can't even find where it was.

	Remember, some insurance companies waive your deductible if your
windshield can be fixed.  State Farm, for example, will do it... Call them
and ask first.

	I had to have my windshield replaced on the Scirocco, and I sincerely
recommend against it. (My bitch druggie ex-neighbor was walking across my
hood, slipped, and fell through my windshield. I was not happy).  The
windshield on our cars is held in solely by the seal, and it is a pain in
the ass to get out.  By the time they get it out, the seal will have sever
kazillion holes in it.  Then, you'll get another windshield that has the
wrong rearview mirror mount on it...
	They had to replace my windshield 3 times before it stopped leaking, and
they wound up having to glue it in... so if I ever need to replace it
again, they're going to have one HELL of a time getting it out.  And, as
someone actually just mentioned, when our windshields leak, all the water
goes right to the relays.  My little "your door is open" chime started
playing and the lights flashed constantly. I'm lucky that's all that
happened...

	  Have the chip fixed... NOW!... before it spreads and you have to replace
the whole thing!

		Jason

(by the way, the next night I opened the hood of my neighbor's Camaro and
yanked out all 8 of her spark plug wires.  I was going to wire the
distributor to the fuel tank, but I didn't want her kids to get hurt in the
explosion)
	20 points to anyone who can tell where I got the distributor-to-fuel-tank
idea...