[ITP] Sunroof Transplant

I was wondering Is this Possible?  I have an '84 GTI with no sunroof and
I would like to put a sliding sunroof from a scirocco or GTI. I wouldn't
really want to put a regulat glass sunroof in the car. I was planning on
getting it painted someday if I don't sell it so could a body shop cut
the roof and install a factory sunroof?

Thanks

--
Kevin McGrath