Re: coolant reservoir sensor.

In a message dated 97-12-28 22:00:10 EST, BLURUk@AOL.com writes:

> at the car was not overheating and that the cooling
>  system checked o.k. In the invoice notes, the mechanic stated that the
>  coolant sensor in the coolant resevoir was corroded. The mechanic cleaned
it
>  and all was well. Now, however, the blinking light comes on again(Not
always
>  though). I have not been able to find any info in my Bentley. Any
>  suggestions?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Travis.
>  '87 16v

My own beasty overheated one day due to a blown fan fuse. As it had dumped
some coolant I refiled with H2O and replaced the fuse.

I noticed the blinking light went away also. I attribute this to the relative
strength of antifreeze vs water. I picked up on a confirming post in the last
few weeks.

BTW This also happene on a 91 Jetta I had. Overal I wouldn't worry about it.

TBerk