coolant reservoir sensor.

I need a little info on the temperature sensor in the coolant resevoir of my
16v. When I first bought the car, the temp gauge light remained on while the
needle nestled under the "overheat" area. I took my car the the VW dealer and
the mechanic said that the car was not overheating and that the cooling
system checked o.k. In the invoice notes, the mechanic stated that the
coolant sensor in the coolant resevoir was corroded. The mechanic cleaned it
and all was well. Now, however, the blinking light comes on again(Not always
though). I have not been able to find any info in my Bentley. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Travis.
'87 16v