Re: oil pressure guage

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, HOT GTX wrote:

> hey all
>
> Santa treated me pretty good this year !!!  I got a VDO oil pressure guage.
> Only one major problem.  the instructions are missing and i want to install
> it.  Can anyone help.   on the back on the guage there are three prong  a +
> and a - which i can figure out.  and an "S"  i presume this goes to the
> sending unit.  The sending unit has two prongs on it  one is labled a "G"  the
> other is "wk".  where do these go?  Do i put the sending unit on the side of
> the head?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thankx
> dave

Yes, the sending unit replaces your stock oil sensor or the driver side of
the head, the G is for the guage(I think) and the wk is for the wire that
attaced to the old sensor(low oil pressure waring on dash)...don't worry,
if I'm wrong on which is which, it won't hurt anything, the guage just
won't work

Eric