Re: Timing Questions. smooshed valves

At 9:50 PM -0500 12/22/1997, Paul Hanley wrote:
>>My friend Mike had 60,400 miles on his 325. (A beautiful 1988 with that
>>lovely 2.7 liter inline 6).
>
>Hmm, I thought it was the 328 that had the six.
>Of course caring less about how great the Toyota was  : P
>
>Regards,
>Paul

Mmmmm, no, the 325s have sixes - AFAIK, BMWs numbers are something like
this - first number (3, 5, 7, 8) is the series, other two are the
displacement - I was under the impression that the 325 was 2.5 liters.
Don't know.  I do know that a friend of mine has a 325e, the crappy economy
one, because he wanted a "BMW."  Fortunately, the e-head cracked, and his
mechanic got him a 325is engine for it.  Ahhh.  Much better.  I also spent
yesterday driving it, mmmmm, fun.....neato car.  Only problem is, the
engine management from the e is still there, so the revlimiter is at 5k or
something.  Gotta fix that, but even so, it is good for 125 on the highway.
Heh.  Frozen lakes?  All _sorts_ of fun with rear wheel drive.  Sandy
roads?  Ditto.  My friend hates me.  Did'nt crash it, though.  Hee hee hee.

I.Mannix(actually having a good time driving all my friends cars - even my
Mom's Subarust wagon.  Parking brake is on the front wheels, though, which
sucks.  55psi in the rear wheels helped.  My McRae impressions are a bit
cramped by this retarded parking brake, and I don't have the autoclean
version, got it muddy yesterday, oops.  Snowing now.  Gotta find a friend
with a Saab;)