Re: She's bleeding! [Oil Leaks]

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 23:18:51 -0600 (CST) Christopher Mende
<csmende@bayern.me.iastate.edu> writes:

>I need some assistance...
>
>My 84 wolfsburg is sitting 30 mins away in my parent's garage on
>ramps.
>Sometime withing the last week i sprouted an oil leak!
>detailes snipped!                       --
>     Christopher Mende

Sounds to me like your distributor gasket is not doing its job sealing. I
had this problem on my GLi and ended up cutting myself a gasket out of
paper (The EOM gasket is paper as well) and its been 3 months and no
leaks since. Its amazing what a mess that leak can cause!
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and