Re: Transmission Question????

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997 00:40:06 -0600 "H Jones" <hjones1@airmail.net>
writes:
>Will a transmission from a 1.8L bolt right up to a 1.6L engine? My VW
>experience is limited to the 1.6L . What I want to do is use a 1.8L
gearbox
>with the mini-slip with my 1.6L engine so that I can install a Velocity
>dif. kit.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Harry

Any will fit as long as its not a 16V tranny. If it is a 16V you will
need to get the 16V disc and either get 100mm inner CV's or swap the axle
flanges. (Special tools required for that swap.)

When you do get ready to do the swap, set them next to each other and
compare them to be sure the shifter linkage is where it needs to be.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and