She's bleeding! [Oil Leaks]

I need some assistance...

My 84 wolfsburg is sitting 30 mins away in my parent's garage on ramps.
Sometime withing the last week i sprouted an oil leak! I fear it is the
result of this cold weather and starting to drive too soon or fast.

There seems to have been oil sprayed along the front lower area of the
block, from the distributor, down. There were some drops on the cap,
radiator shroud, AC lines, and all over my shift linkage and rad. hoses.
Iv'e done a lot of wiping and made sure all of my pan bolts are snug.

The oil is most definately NOT running down from the head gasket. I had
that resurfaced and it's bone dry.

I have one of these sandwich oil coolers that passes the antifreeze
through it. There is no aparent leakage at the oil filter connection to
the cooler, or the cooler to the rest of the hookup. However, behind the
sandwich look to be two allen socket cap bolts which I suspect are
insufficiently tightened and somehow there is a leak ?? Either that or the
hidden part of the whole cooler connection which faces the block.

I really can't think of where else it would be coming from? Has anyone
experienced this and can lend me some tips? Any tips as to how to remove
the oil cooler? I don't recall there being anything in the Bentley or my
chiltons on this.

I hope to tear into it tomorow morning (Saturday)... again, i appreciate
any tips.

~C

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-292-6658