Re: Fighting The Law

At 2:09 AM -0500 12/16/1997, Etrik wrote:
>> On a related matter I recently got a speeding ticket this
> > weekend and will lose my license for 3 years, but my friends are
>advising me
> > to fight it. Although I was clearly in the wrong, 60 in a 25 coming
>into
> > one of those Iowa towns that by the time you downshift youre already
> > through it....snip....but 3 YEARS!!

One would think that the 3 year decision is being made based on previous
tickets - I immediately assumed that 3 years was the result of not only the
60 in a 25, but previous record as well - if it is the first ticket, that
is ridiculous.  Does Iowa have a points system on the licenses?  It sorta
has to, eh, who knows, 3 years sounds like a lot - but OTOH, what has
happened in the past?  Original poster does not have to share, but for
those amazed at such a stiff revocation, consider that he may have 3 or 4
other tickets in the past couple of years....

I.Mannix(I'd probably fight it, though....but again, if they already know
you by name, they're not likely to give you a break; doubling the limit in
most states is an arrestable offense....)