Re: Shift Points and Fighting The Law

shannon fenton wrote:

> On a related matter I recently got a speeding ticket this
> weekend and will lose my license for 3 years, but my friends are
> advising me
> to fight it. Although I was clearly in the wrong, 60 in a 25 coming
> into
> one of those Iowa towns that by the time you downshift youre already
> through it. But my father and girlfriends father both beat speeding
> tickets
> that I think they were in the wrong. I dont want to clog up the courts
> with
> more frivolus cases but three years is a long time. What do you guys
> think.

My thoughts are:  Find a mechanic wgho will say your speedo was
waaaaaaaaaay off, cheesy, but with a reciept and a letter, you can beat
it, also, is there a law on after which speed limit sign you have to
slow down by in Iowa?  i new york it is the second

--
dharma

85 scirocco 8v (soon garaged for winter/restore)
88 Golf GTi (project started)