Shift Points and Fighting The Law

I dont mean to add any more fuel to the fire but I seem to remember
reading in  Consumer Reports article that the Scirocco 16V reached max HP at
4250. In a personal matter I usually shift at 5200 or 5600 when running it
hard so the tach never drops below 3000, when my car feels like its really
making power. On a related matter I recently got a speeding ticket this
weekend and will lose my license for 3 years, but my friends are advising me
to fight it. Although I was clearly in the wrong, 60 in a 25 coming into
one of those Iowa towns that by the time you downshift youre already
through it. But my father and girlfriends father both beat speeding tickets
that I think they were in the wrong. I dont want to clog up the courts with
more frivolus cases but three years is a long time. What do you guys think.