FIGHT IT FIGHT IT

On I-95 in Florida at 3:00 am two years ago, I got pulled over.  I was in
my Mom's Camry and I had my right foot on the floor for 30 miles, 112mph
was it.  There had been a Mustang behind me for eight miles; of course it
never occured to me that it was a FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL Mustang, though.
He had a video camera mounted in the grille and had me on tape for 8+ miles
at over 110.
	The result: I was appointed a public defender and sent to criminal court
(doubling the speed limit in FL gets you into criminal court as well as a
reckless driving ticket) According to the tickets, I would be paying $450
and losing my license for a year, only to have 10 points on it when it was
returned.
	I'll post a scan of the tickets if you all want to laugh.
	The public defender played his magical flute, and I got off.  I paid $127
in court costs (NO FINE), and I was sent to 5 hours of driving school
($22).  I received *NO* points, and the ticket was listed on my record as
*adjudication withheld*, which basically means that it can't be held
against me.  Therefore, a "measly" 35mph over the limit should yield you
similar results.  GET A LAWYER AND FIGHT THE TICKET.  If a state-paid
public defender could do that for me when I doubled the 55 on video for 8
miles, who knows what a good, private one could do.  OJ.
			--Jason