Re: Welding up the diff.

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:37:39 4 "Ken Buck" <phillyscca@enter.net> writes:

>Yea, your lucky I'm not like the rednecks I race with(beat) every
>friday.

Yeah, I bet you got alot of them in your neck of the woods, eh??

>The only catch is I have to do the labor to fix the car.  Good things
>its a VW.

Oh how tragic! What's the deal there? No full time pit crew to do the
labor for you?? What kind of full ride is that???

>Must suck to live out there.  My car is street legal in PA.  The 78's
>didn't have a cat.   :^p

You misunderstand, these cars are street legal, they just are dedicated
DSP cars and have the suspension as such. Not too comfortable on the
street. Even riding in Randy Walters GTi is somewhat uncomfortable on the
street. I don't want to sacrifice my good ride (If you call Neuspeed Race
springs and Koni's GOOD. I know I do.) since im on the freeways everyday.
I also have A/C, 6" wide racing wheels ect. Its a street car. Everybody
else has 8" or 9" wide wheels. Im the last poorboy to get a set of wider
wheels. I think that if I can at least get a set of 7" wheels that the
sidewalls will stand up a bit more on my R1's and that will improve much
for me. I think these 6" wide wheels are having an adverse effect on the
tire geometry. Whatever. I think I do pretty good for what I have got.
Now that Tom Berry had rode with me, (And drove my car once.) I think I
got a good heads up for tomorrow and sundays race. I race Tom Berry on
Sunday, so it should be good!
Hey, you wanna see something funny? Put a DSP champion RWD 200hp driver
into a FWD 117hp Scirocco and watch him try and drive it like its a RWD
car! COOL!!!!  Still, he was only 1 second slower than my 3rd run! I
suck.....

>Oh my mistake.  I thought that had something to do with bad air, not
>bad driving surfaces.  :^O

Bad air?? Where?? I think if it were bad, id see it? No???  :)-

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and