Re: H Stock Jetta III autoX mods

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 20:22:45 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:

>If I were in your friend's shoes, they would stink.

Sad, but true...

> Anyway, I would
>look into competing in "Street Touring Class" or ST1.  This newly
>approved SCCA class allows most "street" mods, and I think will really
>be fun to be in next summer.  Plus, you get the bonus of enjoying those
>mods year round.  Let's face it:  Jettas are not competitive H stockers.

I agree! Im thinking about making a few changes and running my GLi in
that class.... Sounds like fun and at least then I MIGHT have an even
chance at a trophy! (I'll never beat Randy without a fully dedicated DSP
car.)

>Hey, that's just the luck of classing.  But in ST1, you can do all the
>fun stuff to your car, and if you're still not competitive...so what!
>You'll still have a cool, modded street car.  Here's a list of some of
>the allowable modifications:
>
>-All stock class modifications (H-Stock, in his case)
>-Any shocks OR springs (aka lowered)
>-Any interior mods (short shift, shift knob, pedal covers, seats)
>-Front upper stressbar (ala Neuspeed, ABD)
>-Any swaybars (front OR back)
>-Any diameter rim, up to 7" wide
>-Any exhaust behind the cat
>-Any diameter steering wheel, so on and so on.

Dont forget Cross Drilled rotors! I think I will add a set of the Atomic
Groved Rotors that ND sells really cheap! Then and a set of Ferodo pads
should kick ass!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and