Re: Welding up the diff.

On 11 Dec 97 at 1:47, Shawn C Meze wrote:

> >OK wise guy,  :^)
> Heh!! Im glad you saw the humor in it. Lots of other's wouldn't. :)

Yea, your lucky I'm not like the rednecks I race with(beat) every
friday.

> >If someone offered you a fully sponsored ride (towing,tolls, entry
> >fees, parts, repairs, get the idea) would you pass it up?
>

> Never!!!! id never pass that up! What's this, you got a full ride?? That
> sucks! Well, not for you, but id be perfectly happy with a setup like
> that. That's my goal in life, let somebody else own the car, let somebody
> else pay for everything, let somebody else have all the problems. I just
> wanna race!

The only catch is I have to do the labor to fix the car.  Good things
its a VW.

> >As much as you may bust on the dirt boys,
>
> Yeah but if *I* were a dirt racer, id be saying "dirt is for racing"
> too... so.... since I Don't get to race on dirt, and all the racing I do
> get to do is on pavement (Banked oval stuff too sometimes, like this
> comming up weekend, YEEHAAA!!) I gotta stick with my "dirt is for
> farming" line! : )
> That's not to say I wouldn't jump on the chance to race on dirt. Id love
> to do some Rallye stuff someday. Have you seen them guys on Speed
> vision??? Amazing driving they do and if you make a little mistake, you
> get to roll your rallye car at over 180kph! (That's kinda hard of incar
> cameras too but who cares, somebody else is paying for it! )

Yea unless you gotta fix it, than it ain't so cool.  I've earned my
"wings" by literally driving over a Dodge Datona and a Pinto.  A
total of six different cars hit me while I was in the air.  I landed
on the wheels.  The ammazing thing is that except for the 45 degrees
of toe out on the driver's rear and the radiator pushed against the
block, the car still ran and was drivable.  You should have seen
every's faces as I took a lap.  I had trouble seeing becaause the
hood was bent up about 18 inches.  Talk about YEEHAA!!

> Well Phillyman, considering that I am driving a car that is not a
> dedicated DSP car (ie, not trailered and not built to the limits.)
Must suck to live out there.  My car is street legal in PA.  The 78's
didn't have a cat.   :^p

> I do
> pretty good. For example, the last race I finished 3rd behind Randy
> Walters very well prepped 85 GTi and a well sorted Spitfire.
> Randy Walters	Golf GTi	59.885
> Joe Beckett	Spitfire	62.085
> Shawn Meze	Scirocco	62.763

THREE SECONDS!!!!!  slowpoke  :^p
Oh wait, that's how far behind Tom Ellam I was back in March.

> >And do you need
> >special suspension to ride the earthquakes?
>

> Puh-lease...... That's why all cars sold in California have the special
> California package! Don't you know anything! : )-

Oh my mistake.  I thought that had something to do with bad air, not
bad driving surfaces.  :^O

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chairman
DSP 79 VW Scirocco- 94,96,97 DSP Regional Champ
86 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
79 VW Scirocco rusty bucket daily driver
phillyscca@enter.net
Safety First, Fun Second, Winning a distant Third